Our home learning routines
In light of Covid-19 guidelines, home learning routines have been adjusted:
- Creative homework is set every half term. We know the standard of work from children through creative projects is excellent. Work can be recorded shared via Class Dojo portfolio. See the parent guide below for more information.
- Phonics – children will be given sets of phonics cards and green words to blend, which they can practise at home. See the parent guide below for more information.
- Reading and/or talking about their reading to an adult for at least 15 minutes, 5 times a week. This is completed via MyOn which is part of the Accelerated Reader programme.
- Learning spelling patterns – these are sent home weekly.
- Multiplication tables weekly through Times Tables Rockstars and reciting to increase their fluency so that they can be applied in other areas of maths and problem-solving.
Home learning for this half term
You can find your child's home learning for this half term on PANDA.
In the uncertain times that we are currently living in, it is important that we are fully prepared for the possibility that we may have to have a full or partial closure of school depending on the local Covid-19 situation. There will also be instances where individual children will be self-isolating due to coming into contact with a positive case of Covid-19.
As a school, we are producing detailed plans for remote education so that children will have access to a high-quality education at home. Currently, the main source of communication between the teacher and home when remote education is taking place is Class Dojo. Please ensure that you are able to access your child's Class Dojo account and let their teacher know if you are unable to access it.
We are currently working on an online platform called PANDA which will allow you to access all home learning in one place. A link to PANDA will be added in due course to this page.